Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Feelings are universal (1)

A comment by Debra Burlingame, on a previous post entitled (Thank you Jeff), about her brother whom she lost on September 11. He was the pilot of American Airlines flight 77, which was crashed into the Pentagon. This comment recalls to my mind the feeling of that day. I keep on asking my self what if I was on one of these airplanes. What have I done to be dragged to death by crazy persons? I felt deep empathy for the innocent people who had been killed in that brutish crime. I pray to God that His mercy be upon her brother’s soul and every innocent person who died because of cruel acts.

I can not understand how any person has the guts to harm anybody. The images of people who suffer stick in my mind, reminding me of the brutality of man. During the events of Fallujah in last April, two pictures put me close to tears.
The first is of a three years old boy called 'WALEED' who had been seriously injured in his head. What adds passion to the situation was the death of his mother by the American shelling of Fallujah. His cries for his mother broke my heart. It is an image that I'll never forget.
The second picture is of an old American man. He is the father of a young man who had been killed in the events of September 11th. He was speaking on TV, on the same day on which I saw WALEED, about the hearing took place in the congress that day. There was a baseball cap in his hand, which the interviewer asked him about. "It's my son's university cap which he used to wear…." He replied and couldn't complete his words because he wasn't capable to hold back his tears. I felt deep compassion for him, and I was so close to tears. Pain is universal. Feelings are universal. Humanity is universal. But, would it help?

There is more to be said…

7 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Yes, there is more to be said. But to understand some or at least to read what someone else thinks is true, read this and the other essays he wrote (referenced on same page).

I am not sure I agree with everything he says but it sure educated me in some areas I didn't understand.

http://tinyurl.com/459y7

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very profound truth. Pain is universal and you have effectively communicated this truth. I would encourage you to continue to tell us what you feel but more importantly what you know to be the truth. Truth endangers hatred.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. I will keep reading, but I probably won't comment often. Just want you to know you are read. Jan

9:07 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Glad to see a new post :)

I'be been checking for updates. I enjoy your blog and hope to see you write here more often.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog. One more voice that I can hear to tell me what is happening in Iraq. My prayers go to you and the people of Iraq for peace and freedom. We are with you. Kathy in California

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Houston, Texas

I very much want to hear what you have to say. My heart aches for all that your country has been through but I have so much hope for your future.

May God Bless you,
Andrea

5:02 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

I really like reading what you have to say. I really get the feeling like you represent a pretty mainstream point of view in Iraq. I also agree that some things are universal, including a yearning to be free.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home