Friday, December 16, 2005

Many Thanks

I think I have to say something about the comments you made on the previous post.

Thanks Jan for wishing my people & me luck.
What Jan says about “meddling in the internal affairs of Iraq”, or any other state, should no longer be accepted, since human rights do not differ from one part of the globe to another. I believe that human beings must support each other without looking at race, ethnic, sex, color…etc to improve the culture of respecting mankind.
*****************
Many thanks to G Money & Eric.
What AGA said blew my mind; believe me I’m just an ordinary Iraqi citizen who adores his homeland. Thanks for the nice words.
*****************
I think that I should thank Mr. Bush for his nice words, he said on receiving out-of-country
Iraqi voters Thursday in the Oval Office of the White House, addressing the Iraqi people. The man is able to see my inside feelings of joy and relief on saying:
“I was struck by how joyous they were to be able to vote for a government -- a permanent government under a new constitution.”


Moreover, he shares joy with us:
“And there's a lot of -- lot of joy, as far as I'm concerned, in seeing the Iraqi people accomplish this major milestone in the march to democracy.”

President Bush said:
“I want to congratulate the Iraqi citizens for being courageous and in defying the terrorists and refusing to be cowed into not voting. I believe freedom is universal. I believe the Iraqi citizen cares just as much about freedom and living a free life as the American citizen does.”

Well, thank you Mr. President for these nice words; allow me to say without the help of the US people and their brave men & women in uniform, nothing of this would have been achieved.

It is great relief to hear Mr. Bush making it clear:
“I've assured these good Iraqi citizens that the United States will stay with them and complete this -- complete this job. They've expressed concern about listening to the commentary that we'll leave before the job is done -- they don't have to worry. We're doing the right thing. And we've got partners in peace with the Iraqi citizens.”

Frankly, the Americans left a deep scar in every Iraqi's heart when they withdrew from Iraq in 1991. Many Iraqis, till now, believe that the Americans may pull out without any forewarning, leaving them to face their destiny with terrorists & Saddamists. Personally, on listening to Mr. Bush’s speeches, I’m accumulating trust in US day after another.
For example he
said, addressing troops at Osan Air Base in Osan, Korea on November 19, 2005:
“The terrorists are mistaken; America will never run. We will stand and fight, and we will win the war on terror”…”We will never back down, and we will never give in, and we'll never accept anything less than complete victory.”

In his series of speeches outlining strategy for victory in Iraq, he
said at United States Naval Academy Annapolis, Maryland on November 30, 2005:
“America will not run in the face of car bombers and assassins so long as I am your Commander-in-Chief”…”America will not abandon Iraq. We will not turn that country over to the terrorists and put the American people at risk. Iraq will be a free nation and a strong ally in the Middle East.”

Another speech is at Omni Shoreham Hotel Washington, D.C. addressing the Council on Foreign Relations on December 7, 2005:

“Our goal is victory -- and victory will be achieved when the terrorists and Saddamists can no longer threaten Iraq's democracy”…“And now the terrorists think they can make America run in Iraq, and that is not going to happen so long as I'm the Commander-in-Chief.”

Finally, Mr. Bush said on receiving the Iraqi voters:
“I want to thank you all again for coming. May God bless your citizens. May God bless a free Iraq. I appreciate you being here.”
And may God bless America, Amen. Thank you Mr. President, people of the United States, US troops and every individual of the Multi-National Force for helping Iraq. I pray to God to protect these men & women.

7 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

I know a lot of Americans will be very grateful and very relieved to hear your words. (Some will be annoyed because they want to believe otherwise, but, they are yesterday's people and they need to catch up or shut up.)

I also think one of the motivations for this war, which has actually never been expressed, as far as I know, but it's in there, deep down, is to put right the mistakes of the past.

At my age, I hate to say I can hardly wait until four years from now (time passes too quickly as it is), but I will feel more confident when the next election, in 2009, is finished, and more confident yet, when the 2013 elections are over.

You've just begun. May you grow stronger with each step and may they lead forever forward.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe Bush truly loves Iraq.

Thank you for your kind comments.

thinker

2:30 AM  
Blogger newc said...

You have just made your first steps into a much brighter future. Remember it, fight for it, and work with it.

You deserve every bit as much as an American does (And I AM beginning to think that Americans could appreciate it less).

You may find that the Rock Center of America wants to see you succeed in building and securing YOUR country.

We may call this phase of revelations "The Awakening".

This really is an unstoppable force of freedom breaking tyrany and non objective terror.

I assume you all are ready for a better life, no?

2:03 AM  
Blogger Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Ibn_Alrafidain,
I am so very happy for all the Iraqi people! My heart is singing with joyous songs as I watch history being made before my very eyes. Thank you for the experience.

BTW, thank you for recognizing our troops. I would like to recognize that it was YOU, the Iraqi people, who dared, who challenged, who faced down the terrorists to vote. You are AWESOME! God bless you.

2:28 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and the rest of the Iraqi people.

Aashat al Iraq!

Long live Freedom and the rule of the people, by the people, for the people

8:43 AM  
Blogger AngloGermanicAmerican said...

You will have to forgive me for not changing my opinion despite your disclaimer. This link was copied from an email I sent over one year ago to a relative of mine who wondered why we (the USA) were in Iraq. I thought that this was a remarkable post at the time, and I still do. AGA

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What great sentiments, I'll try and link this on some soldier blogs.

Now very hard work must be done to verify results, find any fraud, and if current rumors are true, hold a new election in Baghdad. If the Sunni's are marginalized by the results, especially through fraud, the ensuing expressions of outrage may be more violent than anything we have seen to date.

What are your thoughts on the "early" results that are being leaked etc.

Thanks!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home